The mission of the Lutheran Church of the Good Shepherd Foundation is to develop and manage an endowment that enhances and extends the congregation’s worship, educational programs and ministry. By encouraging stewardship of financial assets and serving as a channel for gifts that will keep on giving, the Foundation enables members and friends of Good Shepherd to build a legacy of support for the congregation and its outreach.
We welcome grant requests
Our focus is on grants that will be used for seed money for new or expanding programs, and one-time capital expenditures. For example, the Lutheran Church of the Good Shepherd Foundation recently made a grant to Plymouth Christian Youth Center in support of the Capri Capital Campaign, renovating and expanding the historic Capri Theater on West Broadway. With a renovated theater, a Best Buy Teen Tech Center, and a new community Hall, the Capri will be a cultural and community hub in North Minneapolis.
Your gifts make all the difference
Gifts to the Foundation are welcome in any size. The ongoing legacy of the Foundation is especially appropriate for memorials, bequests, and gratitude giving. All gifts are charitable contributions and may have tax advantages.
The Lutheran Church of the Good Shepherd Foundation, a non-profit corporation, was organized in 1959. It is managed by a board of directors elected from the membership of the congregation. Every confirmed member of Lutheran Church of the Good Shepherd is a member of the Foundation. Current members of the Foundation Board are Renee Raether, President; Adam Benson, Treasurer; Lynn Weist, Secretary; Jeff Burrows, Joy Erickson, Joetta Fontaine, Rich May, Erik Meyer, and Nancy Rystrom.
To learn more about the Foundation, please contact Foundation President, Renee Raether.