Sunday School at Good Shepherd
G.I.F.T. or Growing in Faith Together are classes that get kids and parents talking about the Bible together. Each grade will explore a different tenet of faith, why it is important, and share what we learn in worship. Classes are held during the Education Hour followed by worship at the 10:30 am service. Please mark your calendars below with these important dates. Don’t miss the opportunity to grow in faith together as a family! It’s a G.I.F.T!
- 2's & 3's Classes - Greeting Church - January 14, 2018
- Preschool Bibles: March 5, 2018
- Kindergarten – 10 Commandments: October 8, 2017
- 1st/2nd Grade – Lord's Prayer: February 4, 2018
- 3rd Grade Bibles
- Day Away Class: April 7, 2018
- Presentation: April 8, 2018
- 4th Grade – Prayer: November 12, 2017
- 5th Grade – Creed: October 29, 2017
- Baby Christmas Extravaganza: December 3, 2017
- Baby's Eggstravaganza: March 25, 2018
Kids of all ages are welcome to receive communion at Good Shepherd. We say it’s a family decision when the child will begin. If your child is attending worship and coming forward at the time of communion, why not invite them to participate, too? The meal of Holy Communion is a gift of God, dependent not on how mature or perceptive we are, but on God’s grace. If your child is ready to participate, consider beginning this Fall.
Join Heather and one of the pastors on either Saturday, November 4 or Saturday, March 24 11:00-12:30 p.m. for the First Communion Day Away. Parent and child attend together.
First Communion will take place on either Sunday, November 5 or Maundy Thursday, March 29 at 7:00 p.m.
Any questions? Plan to attend? Please contact Heather Roth Johnson.