All Baby Boomers will be invited to a Good Shepherd get-together on Sunday, September 20, at 5 p.m. at Julie and Jeff Burrows’ house. Hors-d’oeuvres will be served.
The purpose of the gathering is to discuss these questions:
- What is God calling us to in our retirements?
- How is God calling you to make a difference?
- How can God use the gifts you bring to the table in the “second half”?
Three Good Shepherd members - two who are retired and one who has not started in his second half of life - will share their thoughts about the ways God has called them to make a difference.
- Julie Burrows will talk about the way God called her to start UpTurnships, a nonprofit designed to help youth in their focus and abilities in the job market.
- John Mendesh will talk about his continuing ministry in Africa.
- Rob Albright (not even close to a Boomer) will talk about the burning passion in his life - equality in education.
Pastor Debra Samuelson explains that, for this gathering, “my role is one of creating space and perhaps spurring interest in faith-based discussions about ‘what’s next”- allowing people to dream.
If you’re in that Boomer age group, please join in the conversation.
Please RSVP using this form. Thank you!